Recently Google introduced a brand new tool to help businesses get found better online: Google My Business! As Google describes it, “Google My Business connects you directly with customers, whether they’re looking for you on Search, Maps or Google+.” This new tool is designed to help small businesses better connect with their customers, offering it’s various tools: Search, Maps, Google +, Insights, Hangouts all at once. Google aims to let small businesses manage their online presence in a single, consolidated way.
You will have the ability to customize your own dashboards with photos and videos about your business. It’s designed to connect with customers in a more targeted way by responding to reviews and connecting on Google Plus or with Google Hangouts.
Because business owners are busy and often overwhelmed with technology, Google wanted to make things simpler and help businesses have more online success.
Google My Business, allows you to in one centralized place:
– Update your business information on Search, Maps and Google+ so people can easily get in touch with you .
– Add photos and videos of your business to help customers see what makes your business unique.
– Connect with your customers by sharing updates about your business, news, special events and other important information from your Google+ page.
– Respond to Google Reviews.
– Get insight into how people find and interact with your business using custom insights and integration with AdWords Express.
– Be mobile! Manage your information with the Google My Business Android app and the soon to come iOS app.
Google wants to help you get closer to your customers to “build lasting relationships by sharing what’s new and responding to customer feedback as you receive it.”
The previous management dashboard has been replaced by a cleaner Google My Business page. Managers can post content, track analytics, respond to customers, and start Google Hangouts.
The new Google My Business Insights will give Google+ page managers more information about who is interacting with your content.
While Google My Business is designed to help you connect better, it doesn’t mean that you’ll get a higher placement in Google’s search results. But it does make it easier to manage your G+ Page, Local and Places accounts having one dashboard to connect them all. And that alone should make a business owner’s online management a little easier.
See more information from Google here.