Your online presence is important for many reasons. Let’s face it, you’re trying to grow your business. You want people to know who you are and what you do. You want to be seen. Sure, you can use social advertising to be seen.Before you place an ad, be seen online by simply being engaging, and starting conversations.Click To Tweet
We all want our content to stand out. So we work hard to make it interesting, shareable and valuable. But your content isn’t always seen unfortunately due to busy newsfeeds, tricky algorithms and timing, right? So. What else works? Simply being engaging!
I’m not just talking about when people comment, like and share YOUR content. I’m talking more about BEING engaging, starting conversations, and showing genuine interest in others. What are some great ways you can be engaging?
- Engaging with followers. Start a conversation. If they share their recent blog post, retweet it adding your own comment.
- Make a twitter list of companies or people you want to network with or do business with and make a point to start engaging with them. Having a list helps you target them specifically.
- Make new connections with people you want to network with and take a genuine interest in what they share Comment on and share their content. Comment on their blogs posts.
- Ask questions! Questions are conversation starters. Conversations lead to relationships which can ultimately lead to business.
- Tag users in posts that are relevant to them. If you notice an article, a graphic with a statistic or fact that you think they could speak to, tag them and ask for their thoughts or just let them know you thought they’d be interested in hear about it.
- Be human. Your audience wants to engage with the person behind the logo. So make it personal. Share your likes and interests beyond your business. Share your hobby. You can make a connection with your audience on things you have in common or just by showing a bit of yourself outside of your business.
- Give them a sneak peek. Let them see what goes on behind the scenes. Share what a day in the life of YOU is like.
Often we focus so much on our own content and what we are sharing, that we forget the flip side to social media and that’s simply being social, engaging and having conversations. Building relationships keeps you top of mind with your audience. We all like to do business with people we know and trust. Get to know your audience.